This article will cover how to install QZ Tray and standard configuration for receipt printers.
Estimated time: 15 min
1. In the browser of your choice, go to https://qz.io/download/
2. Click on the green button labeled "QZ Tray v2.0.2" or higher
3. Save the file
4. Once the file has downloaded, launch it. (qz.tray-2.0.2.exe)
5. The following window should appear - Click "Next"
6. On the License Agreement window, click "I Agree"
7. On the Choose Installation Location window, click "Install" to start
8. When the Installation is complete, click "Close"
9. Log into your WineWeb admin panel to complete the next steps
Note: "ControlFont" will no longer be an option with QZ Tray. We recommend "ESC/POS"
10. The change to QZ Tray is controlled by a checkbox in three different edit screens in the following order of precedence.
1. POS Preferences
2. POS Locations
3. POS Stations
11. The three edit screens are shown below. The red arrows indicate each section that needs to be checked with QZ Tray and Output type.
12. Once the QZ Tray check boxes have been selected, save the setting on each, log out of the POS or Admin Panel, log back in, and the QZ Software will be ready to use.
13. Printing a receipt for the first time
The first time the QZ Tray software prints a receipt, your must authorize the connection request to the WineWeb server by allowing QZ Tray to initiate the connection. The following popup window will appear during the very first QZ Tray print request.
14. Check the box labeled "Remeber this decision", then Click "Allow"
This is a one-time action and it will not appear for any subsequent print operations
15. Controlling the QZ Process
To access various configurations and control options, click on the triangle icon in the system tray
QZ Tray is the green printer icon
16. Set QZ Tray to auto start with windows
Click your system tray and click on the QZ Tray icon, select "Automatically Start"
Congratulations! QZ Tray should now be implemented to use for Receipt Printing.