You may add content to the top of any of your store categories simply by opening the category in the admin panel and adding text, image, etc. Don't be alarmed by the seemingly blank page when you open the category--the products you have assigned to that category are automatically generated by the system to display on the site, but they will not display in the admin panel.
Use the corresponding example store category to view the outcome of this tutorial: http://www.smokingbarrelwines.com/store-content
PLEASE NOTE: You may click on the image in this tutorial to make it larger.
- Begin in the Store section of the admin panel.
- Hover the Products menu item and select Product Categories from the dropdown menu.
- From the list in the left pane, choose your category and open it up.
- Add your content to the editor window.
- Click the Save button at the bottom right corner of the editor window.
Congratulations! You have successfully added content to a store category.