The customer status bar is an HTML item that displays on the top of the transaction on the POS screen. This item has two major components in its configuration: the file path set in Store Operations - Administrator and the website data settings within Internet Explorer. So, lets take a look at those two areas and ensure that they are configured correctly. Listed below are the steps display customer information:
1. Ensuring the file path is set appropriately
- Open Store Operations - Administrator
- Select File -> Configuration
- Click the Register tab
- Make sure this path is in the Web Status field:
If on 32 Bit Machines -
C:\Program Files\Napa Valley POS\ProductControl\PlugIns\Status_CC2.htm
If on 64 Bit Machines -
C:\Program Files (x86)\Napa Valley POS\ProductControl\PlugIns\Status_CC2.htm
- Click 'OK' and exit Store Operations - Administrator
2. Ensure website data settings are correct
- From the Start menu type Internet Options and click.
- In the 'General' tab, under the 'Browsing history' section, click 'Settings'
- In the 'Temporary Internet Files' tab, under the 'Check for newer versions of stored pages:' section, Select 'Every time I visit the webpage'
- Click 'OK' at the bottom of the 'Web Data Settings' menu
- Click 'OK' at the bottom of the 'Internet Properties' menu
- Click 'Apply' at the bottom of the 'Internet Options' menu
Note: You can also delete your cookies which may help
All settings that control what displays when you select a customer have been configured properly, at this point.
Next, we want to test that these configuration changes have successfully corrected the customer information display. Open the POS and select a customer using CustomerCentral.
If the customer information panel is still not displaying, please give us a call at 707.320.2874