In order to create a Cashier in RMS, you will need to have the following prerequisites:
- Manager Log-in credentials.
- Administrator rights to modify cashiers.
NOTE: By NVPOS initial configuration, Three cashiers are created with different security settings, those cashiers are Administrator, Manager, and Cashier.
The appropriate steps to creating a Cashier in RMS are listed below:
- Log in to Store Operations - Manager
- Select 'Database' from the menu bar on the top of the screen.
- Click 'Cashiers'
- Select the Cashier type from the available templates here
- Cashier type should be selected based on security level.
- Once the intended Cashier type is highlighted in blue, Click 'Copy'
- Ensure that the 'Number' field is unique.
- This number CANNOT be the same number as any other Cashier.
- Type the name of the associate in the 'Name' field.
- This field will be available in reporting to track associates to transactions.
- Type the desired password in the 'Password' field.
- You can create a generic password here and have the cashier change it after initial log in.
- Click the 'OK' button.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a Cashier. It is helpful to create a unique cashier for every associate to be able to track them with every transaction.