Order refund is a typical function for daily use, so it is very important to know how to properly perform a refund. Follow the steps below to properly perform a refund:
- Open and log in Store Operations - POS
- Select 'Recall a transaction for return' from the list that appears
- Select a date range that includes the date of the order you are returning
- Locate the order you want to return in the list of orders and select it (You can refer to the transaction number found on the customer's original receipt)
- RMS will then pull this transaction into the transaction screen, but it will reverse the purcahse
- From there, all you need to do is click the 'F12: Tender' button (F12 key)
- The amount paid for each tender type will appear in the correct location, so all you need to do is select ok to complete the return.
- If this transaction was paid for with a credit card, you will need to swipe the credit card to credit back the money.
Congratulations, you have successfully completed a refund.
If you have any questions or concerns about refunds, feel free to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call (707.320.2478)