Brief Description: This document will cover the steps to install InventoryCentral, as well as its standard use.
Trigger: The need to manage multiple inventories from the Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS) application.
Estimated Time for completion: 15+ minutes
- Need Administrator access to ProductControl
- Open and Log in to ProductControl
- Click the 'Product Store' button
- Click the green 'Install' button on the InventoryCentral line
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the install
- Click the 'Check for Updates' button to bring in the license count
- Hightlight InventoryCentral, Right-click on InventoryCentral, mouse-over Register Product, and click Register
- Click the 'Install All Updates' button to update InventoryCentral to the latest version
- Right-click on InventoryCentral, go to RMS Hooks, and click 'Activate' (A short script will run in the command prompt. Do not exit out of the script.)
- Launch 'InventoryCentral' by highlighting and clicking the 'Run Application' button
- Click the 'File' | 'Config'
- Click on the Locations tab
- Want to view all inventory locations available to the system? You can do so in this grid, as well as view the configuration for each individual location. All sites have an uneditable inventory location to begin with that represents the RMS database item inventory.
- Do you need to create a new inventory location? Click the 'New' button
- Enter the Name and Notes for this Inventory location
- Have the taxes been paid on the items within this inventory? The Tax Paid check box allows you to determine bonded vs. non-bonded inventory, meaning whether or not you fulfill retail or wholesale orders from said inventory location. Click the check box next to Tax Paid if it is retail (bonded), leave unchecked for wholesale (non-bonded)
- Is this location intended to be able to sell from this inventory? If so check the box in front of 'Allow Sales'
- When finished, click the green 'Create' button
- Do you need to modify an inventory location? Click the 'Edit' button
- Modify the settings described in the New section above
- Do you need to remove an inventory location entirely? Highlight the one you wish to remove and click the 'Delete' button
12. Click on the 'Location Cross Reference' tab
- The 'Shipping Carrier Name' field displays the list of your carriers as they exist inside of the RMS database
- The 'Shipping Service Name' field displays the list of the associated services as they exist inside of the RMS database
- The 'Sales Location' provides a drop-down menu, which you can use to select which inventory is decremented by the carrier/service combination.
- The 'RegisterNumber' column displays a list of registers as they exist inside of the RMS database.
- The 'RegisterDesc' column displays the Register Descriptions as they exist inside of RMS database.
- The 'Location' column provides a drop-down menu, which you can use to select which inventory is decremented per register.
13. Click on the 'Configuration' tab
- The 'Display out of stock message at checkout' check box toggles a warning to display when selling an item will take it's quantity below zero in the inventory.
- You can set the security level for selling 0 quantity items at checkout. When choosing this option, it is a good idea to review your cashiers' security levels inside RMS to ensure the correct people are given this ability.
- The 'Default Location Name' designates a which inventory location is used as the default choice.
- Ensure that this name matches that of the inventory locations' identically.
You have successfully installed and configured InventoryCentral.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding InventoryCentral, feel free to reach out to us by email(email@example.com) or by phone (707.320.2478)