In order to create a new item in RMS, you will need to have the following prerequisites:
- Manager Log-in credentials
- Administrator rights to create/modify items
The appropriate steps to creating an item in RMS are listed below:
- Log in to Store Operations - Manager
- Select 'Database' from the menu bar on the top of the screen
- Click 'Items'
- Click 'New' on the right side of the Items menu
- Highlight 'Assembly Item' and click 'OK'
- Enter a unique 'Assembly Lookup Code' and 'Description' for the Assembly
- The lookup code CANNOT be the same number as any other item.
- If applicable, check the 'Use component price.' check box
- Click the 'Add' button to choose the items that you wish the Assembly item to contain
- You can choose to add existing items or create entirely new items to add to the Assembly this way.
- Click the 'OK' button.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a new assembly item.