In order to create a new item in RMS, you will need to have the following prerequisites:
- Manager Log-in credentials
- Administrator rights to create/modify items
The appropriate steps to creating an item in RMS are listed below:
- Log in to Store Operations - Manager
- Select 'Database' from the menu bar on the top of the screen
- Click 'Items'
- Click 'New' on the right side of the Items menu
- Highlight 'Assembly Item' and click 'OK'
- Enter a unique 'Assembly Lookup Code' and 'Description' for the Assembly
- The lookup code CANNOT be the same number as any other item.
- If applicable, check the 'Use component price.' check box
the component price will allow you to enter a unique price for each item in the assembly. If unchecked, the price of the assembly will default to the total cost of all items in the assembly.
- Click the 'Add' button to choose the items that you wish the Assembly item to contain
- Click the 'OK' button to save.
Viewing the Assembly
To view the Assembly from Store Operations, click the F2: Lookup command from the Store Operations home menu.
Enter the item lookup code for the newly created Assembly, Select the item, and click Ok.
In this example the "use component price" setting was enabled.