Brief Description: This document will cover the steps to enable RMS item upload to the ShipCompliant system through RealtimeCompliance.
Estimated time for completion: 20 minutes
- Need access to RealtimeCompliance
- Need to have a product SKU of GeneralMerchandiseTaxable and GeneralMerhandiseNonTaxable in ShopCompliant for each brand key
- Launch ProductControl and log in
- Click on RealtimeCompliance and click the 'Run Application' button
- Click 'File' | 'Configuration'
- Click the 'Department Shipping' tab
- Click the 'Load RMS Departments' button to ensure all RMS Departments are included
- Next, ensure that each Department is assigned an Action, either SHIP or EXCLUDE
- You would mark a Department as SHIP if any of them in this department will be shipped (ie. wine, merchandise, etc.)
- You would mark EXCLUDE if you never ship the items in this department (ie. Tax, gratuity, shipping, tasting, etc.)
- Items not set to SHIP will not appear on the item upload tab to be uploaded into the ShipCompliant system
- If a Department is marked as shippable, a Product Type will need to be assigned
- When finished mapping all of the departments click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the form
5. Click the 'Item Setup' tab
- All field here need to be filled out and consistent with where this information is stored within the RMS database
- Brand Key: Determine if you are using one or more brand keys.
- If you choose to use a single Brand key, choose "Use Single Brand" and type the brand key in the text box below.
- If you are using multiple brand keys you will need to select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database. You will need to be sure that brand key is entered for every item in the database.
- Percent Alcohol: Select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database (most NVPOS customers use SubDescription3)
- Varietal: Select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database
- Vintage: Select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database (most NVPOS customers use SubDescription2)
- Volume amount: Select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database (most NVPOS customers use Unit of Measure)
- Volume Unit Default: Select the field where this information is stored in the RMS database (most NVPOS customers use Liter)
- Last Upload: this date is based on the last Date/time the RMS item was changed. Set this date to a date and time BEFORE this system was being used, as this will ensure that we will see all items that need to be uploaded from the RMS database.
- Click the 'Close / Save' button to exit out of configuration
6. Click the 'Product Upload' tab
- Click the 'Search' button to display all upload-able items
- Click the 'Product Type' column header to sort. Ensure that all items with Product Type's of Wine have Alcohol %, Vintage, and Volume Amount entered; otherwise these items will not upload into ShipCompliant. If this information is missing, it can be entered on the Product Upload tab.
- Once you have reviewed the data click the 'Upload' button to upload your RMS items to ShipCompliant
- Producst that fail to upload to ShipCompliant will have an error displayed in the ErrorText column.Address each of these errors and attempt to upload the item(s) again.
- Whenever new items are added to the RMS database repeat the preceding steps to upload to ShipCompliant
7. Close RealtimeCompliance and ProdcutControl