What is Cart Clearing?
As your customers shop for wines on your website, they place products into their shopping cart. We use the contents within the customer's shopping cart to create their order by calculating taxes, shipping and discounts. Occasionally customers start their shopping experience, but do not complete their order. We assign these Abandoned Shopping Carts the 'Incomplete Order' status.
However, these abandoned shopping carts could potentially cause a problem for products with inventory tracking enabled, particularly those in limited supply. For example, if you have a wine product with an inventory of 24 bottles on hand and a customer places 20 bottles into their shopping cart, you then have only 4 bottles remaining for sale. We currently run an automated cart clearing process on a daily basis to remove any outstanding products from abandoned shopping carts. We also provide an option to manually clear your shopping cart.
Manual Cart Clearing Activation
The following steps must be completed in order to enable the The Manual Cart Clearing Function.
- Contact our Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the The Manual Cart Clearing feature for you.
- Once we've activated the feature, you will need to enable Cart Clearing. In the vinSUITE admin panel, click the orange 'Settings' button in the top right of your screen. From the drop-down menu, choose 'System Settings'.
- From the 'Website Store' tab, set the 'Enable Manual Cart Clearing' toggle to ON and select the Save option.
Note: By default, the Cart Clearing function is available to all vinSUITE Admin users that have the Account Owner Role. For users with customized roles, you will need to activate their Manual Cart Clearing permission. You can read more details on User Roles by visiting the vinSUITE User Roles page.
Manual Cart Clearing Instructions
1) In the vinSUITE admin panel, click the orange 'Settings' button in the top right of your screen. From the drop-down menu, choose 'System Settings'.
2) The System Settings will open in the work space. Click the 'Carts' tab from the Settings sub-menu. To run the Cart Clear function, simply click the 'Manually Clear Carts' button.
Best Practice: The Manual Cart Clearing utility can be run anytime, but general best practice is to wait a minimum interval of one hour between each execution. This best practice especially applies to website stores with high-volume sales.
Note: The Carts Clearing utility only removes products from carts with an open order status of 'Incomplete" and whose session has been inactive for a minimum of two hours.
Note: The Carts Clearing utility only removes products from carts with an open order status of 'Incomplete'. It does not clear inventory from orders having the following open order statuses:
- Pending Order
- Pending Club Order
- Saved Order
- Quarantined Order (Only Applies to ShipCompliant users)
Additional information is on the vinSUITE Order Statuses Definitions page.
Note: For clients using the 'CartStack' Cart Abandonment tool, please be aware that manually clearing carts may interfere with the customer's ability to later recover their abandoned order.