This article will discuss the steps to take when your printer or drawer are not working in Cash Register Express
First, we will cover the simple troubleshooting steps:
1. Is the printer powered on?
2. Is there paper in the printer?
3. Is the green READY light on?
4. Is the drawer cable plugged into the back of the printer?
If any of these answers are "NO", then you have found your problem. Please correct this and the printer and drawer should begin working again. If all the answers are "YES", please proceed to the next section
Does your computer see the printer?
All printers used within Cash Register Express are set up as Windows printers.
1. Open the Devices and Printers Menu within Windows and check to see that the printer is listed under the Printers Section
NOTE: Your printer name may differ (TM-T88V, TM-T20, etc.)
2. If the printer is listed, but greyed out, then the machine does not see the printer. Please contact our support team at email@example.com or 707-253-7400 Ext 6 for help getting the printer back online
3. If the printer is listed and and not greyed out, then the machine sees the printer, and you can proceed to the next section
Resetting the Printer Spooler Service
1. Click on the Windows Start Button and type SERVICES
2. Click on the Services Option that appears
3. In the Services Menu, find the Print Spooler Service
4. Click on the Print Spooler Service, then Click Restart
5. After the service restarts, please try printing the receipt again
If you are still having trouble with the printer, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-253-7400 Ext 6 for help getting the printer back online