What are Zones?
When you begin setting up Shipping Options in vinSUITE, the first area to update is Zones. In vinSUITE, Zones help you categorize the regions of the United States based on shipping time and price. As different regions in the U.S. get farther from your winery, shipping may cost more and take longer. Setting up Zones can help you evaluate the correct shipping rate for the area and each State should be assigned a Zone.
Example: These Zones are configured based on a winery located on the West Coast. Zones are completely customizable and can be arranged according to the location of your winery.
Setting up Zones
1) In the vinSUITE admin panel, expand the ‘Shipping’ section in the left hand navigation panel, and open the drop-down menu for Wine Shipping or Product Shipping. Click on ‘Zones’.
2) The Zones page will open in the work space. Click the 'Add A Wine Shipping Zone' button.
Note: Click the Pencil Icon in the Actions column to edit Zones in the future.
3) The Add a Zone window will open. Enter the appropriate information.
Enter the name of the Zone.
Example: Zone 1, Northeast. etc.
|Display Order||If you have multiple Zones, enter the numerical position to display this Zone in a list.|
4) Click the 'Save' button to save your Zones.
Assigning States to Zones
1) Once your general Zones are created, you can assign States to a shipping Zone. Expand the ‘Shipping’ section in the left hand navigation panel, and open the drop-down menu for Wine Shipping or Product Shipping. Click on ‘Zones/States’.
2) The Zones/States page will open in the work space. Click the Pencil Icon in the Actions column to assign a State.
3) The Assign a State to Shipping Zone window will open.
|State||This field displays the name of the State you are editing.|
|Zone||Select a Zone from the drop-down menu to assign it to the selected State.|
4) Click the 'Save' button.
Note: While Wine Shipping is required for all wineries, Product Shipping is optional and only needs to be completed if you plan to ship non-wine products. If you plan to ship non-wine products, Zones and States must be set up identically for both Wine Shipping and Product Shipping.
Once you have set up shipping Zones, continue with Setting up Shipping Options: Shipping Types.
For more examples to set up Zones, please visit the vinSUITE Simple Shipping Rates attached below.